Cleaning & Refinishing Wood Flooring
Wood flooring is a popular choice for commercial buildings and homes alike.
Wood flooring is a popular choice for commercial buildings and homes alike. There are many different choices in terms of style and color. Wood has proven to be durable and beautiful when maintained properly.
Wood floors should be professionally cleaned and refinished on a regular basis in order to keep the appearance up. If not the floor will, at some point in time, need to be completely re-sanded in order to bring back its original look and finish. This process is expensive and the disruption can last 3 – 4 days.
Pristine Clean will clean and apply a urethane refinishing coating to bring new life to your hardwood floors. We provide services in and around the entire Metropolitan Detroit area including the cities of Birmingham, West Bloomfield, Troy and more.
What you can expect from Pristine Clean
Proper and regular maintenance and refinishing of your hardwood floor will add many more years to the beauty of your floor. Pristine Clean has professionals trained in hardwood maintenance systems to thoroughly clean and refinish your floor using a new water based urethane coating to protect your floor. This will add value and protect your investment.This can all be done without creating the usual dust and leaving behind the long-term odor common when using the usual re-coating methods. The products used and the service provided by Pristine Clean are unmatched in the industry. Give us a call today to schedule a free inspection by one of our trained wood floor specialists to determine if your floor would benefit from our services.
Steps Taken in Cleaning Hardwood Flooring
- All furniture is removed except for pianos, grandfather clocks and entertainment centers.
- Everything is thoroughly vacuumed removing all dirt and particulate matter.
- Using a cutting-edge hardwood floor cleaning machine we sparingly apply a heavy-duty cleaning solution to the rotating brush and gently brush the surface of the floor to remove scuffs, spots and any deeply embedded dirt. Then the cleaning solution is immediately extracted by the hardwood cleaning machine.
- With this new hardwood cleaning machine the flow of the cleaning solution is controlled so that the hardwood or even a wood laminate floor won’t incur any damage.
- A microfiber cloth is used to clean all corners using a pH-neutral cleaning solution formulated specifically for hardwood floors.
- After the floor is completely cleaned it is thoroughly rinsed using a special solution and applied by the same machine to balance out the pH of the flooring.
- The homeowner can choose a gloss or semi-gloss urethane sealer which is then applied to protect the floor until the next scheduled professional cleaning.
- In about an hour’s time the floor will be ready for light foot traffic use. However the furniture should not be replaced for 24 hours when regular use may resume.
- Two weeks should go by before rugs are put back in place or any cleaning can be done using a wood floor cleaning product.
Hardwood Floor Cleaning Tips
- It is recommended that all hardwood flooring be thoroughly cleaned and coated every 6 to 12 months, depending on the foot traffic.
- To extend the life and luster of hardwood flooring proper cleaning is needed on a regular basis.
- To protect against scuffs from everyday foot traffic, spills and damage done by pets, use the proper wood cleaning solution that is pH neutral like the ones listed.
- After Pristine Clean professionally cleans and restores your hardwood floors we recommend you use the following products to maintain it:
Bona® Professional Series Hardwood Floor Spray Mop w/33oz Refillable Cartridge & 4oz Concentrate, which can be purchased on Amazon.com and Bona Pro Series WM700018176 Hardwood Floor Cleaner Concentrate, 1 Gallon.